Saturday, November 8, 2014

Labels

I thought I should mention I also make my own labels for the bags. I had a TiMi stamp made at a nearby stationery shop and for the ink I use rubber dye to stamp onto cotton tape.

Here I am testing out my stamping skills.


Below are some of the labels stamped and cut. Unfortunately, there's a lot of wastage because I still have a hard time getting them centered, straight and clear but I so prefer making my own labels than having them professionally made. It carries through the whole handmade aesthetics that I am going for.


After stamping, I cut them up and sew the edges. I tried sewing the labels straight onto the bags and pouches but I found it really hard having to turn the edges in and keep them in place as I sewed.


So, for now I have to do the edges first and individually stitch the labels on by hand. Phew! I have to be honest, I don't know how long I can keep doing this. 

3 comments:

  1. Such an awesome idea kak fizi. teringin nak buat label mcm ni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome idea kak fizi. teringin nak buat label mcm ni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ! You should! Tapi jangan pakai rubber dye. It clumps and dries fast :(

      Delete