Sunday, November 16, 2014

Businesscard holder

Last night I received a lovely email from a lady who saw my bags and pouches at TriBeCa, the pretty little shop in Bangsar Village II. She wrote to say she liked my work and was wondering if I could make something out of batik to hold her businesscards. I was so happy that someone took the time to email me such encouraging words and to make a request. I set to work immediately and sewed this little businesscard holder. I've been wanting to use my small stash of snap buttons so this was a great time to use it. 

Here's my first attempt...


Closed - W 4" X H 3"

I scratched the button in the process but it's still not bad for a first try me thinks :)


Opened - W 4" X H 5.5"

Two layers to fit in the cards.

I don't know if this is what she is looking for but I had fun making it. Thank you MM for your suggestion :)

Will let you know when I have some at TriBeCa. In the meantime, you can visit the shop and check out all the beautiful bags, clothes, homeware, printed artwork and other lovely things made by talented artisans from around the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment